Thursday, January 29, 2009

I wouldn't apologize unless I was afraid of invasion.

This week's show was one I'm proud of for a few reasons, not the least of which is I get the to make nice with the Highland warriors I've felt hot on my heels since since our GlasVegas review in Ep. 2, and my literal translation of Swift's Modest Proposal (yes, I know it's Irish babies, but I don't do literate humour well).
So after giving the boggy marshes the "shove off" for a less than impressive outing from the Scottish up and comers (Glasvegas-Self titled), we geek out over The 3 Ep's, the Beta Bands first full length LP(Wiki). This album is among the first to spin up every time I do an audio upgrade.
Having aurally scoured this disc up and down, I've been over every inch of sound scape imaginable. From the first track, when you press play and close your eyes you're guided by the hand and sat center stage to an exploration of trip hop's then premier artists, sowing oats and throwing seeds, to till and wait for their future releases (hindsight: eww) to finally see come to fruition.
Being a collection of, yep, their first 3 EP's, drives home a constant I feel when referring to this album. You see, the precedent this this holds for me is clear: It defines the meaning of potential, promise, raw talent, and a collaborative effort to explore the road less traveled around the next musical bend.
Now defunct, I still have memories and the privilege of seeing them call it quits on the top of their game.

No comments:

Post a Comment