Friday, January 30, 2009

I hate hearing myself, almost as much as the other 2

Listening to the cast today, a few things. Talked about my review process. I like the fact we disagree now. Conflict is the foundation of all entertainment. I mentioned my method to evaluate an album to find the good and bad. I use this not to qualify an album, but to analyze minutiae I may overlook upon initial examination.
Tom made the faux paux of using a rating scale (7 out of 10). We had early on opted against ratings, as they're completely asinine. In fact calling it the Know Nothing Music Show was intentionally contrary to our "critic" credentials.
Reason this even comes up, I've been reading lots of reviews lately, trying to educate myself preshow, so I don't come off as a complete ass. I've learned something after reading some of these articles. Music critics are self righteous, self indulged assholes. To assume anyone can attribute value to art is ridiculous. They're arbitrarily rating something on fictitious merit.
To rebel I cut my facial hair like Tony Stark, which makes just as much sense. It has no constructive bearing on the complaints I have, but it's a form of masterbation I can drag around town that won't get me kicked out of Troupe 32. Our nerdcast is a circle jerk.
All opinions are self indulgent, and that's your bottom line.

No comments:

Post a Comment